Mechanical grouted sock anchor system for stabilising damaged masonry
SockFix is a mechanically grouted sock anchor system for stabilising damaged masonry. The system comprises of a grout-filled sock that combines with a threaded bar in a composite action which expands to form a strong chemical/mechanical bond with the substrate.
The SockFix system is used in heavy duty, high load applications such as stabilising rubble-filled walls, securing external walls to hollow concrete floor slabs, stitching cracked solid and multi-leaf walls and securing unstable parapet walls and arches.
SockFix with flat washer end cap
- Grout-filled sock combines with threaded bar in a composite action and expands to form a strong chemical/mechanical bond with the substrate
- For heavy duty, high load, applications
- For securing external walls to hollow concrete floor slabs, to view a project case study click here
- For stitching cracked solid and multi-leaf walls
- For stabilising rubble-filled walls
- For securing unstable parapet walls and arches
- Where high levels of performance are required in bending
- Where drilling lengths in excess of 1m are required
Please note: repair details CS15, CS17 and RW07 relate to SockFix applications and can be downloaded here.
Stitching a cracked solid wall.
Stabilising a cracked rubble-filled wall.
Securing an external wall to a hollow concrete floor slab.
SockFix is installed through pre-drilled hole in structure.
Grout is pumped slowly, expanding the sock to fill the hole. Fluid permeates through the sock to provide a bond with the substrate while a solid aggregate bar/grout composite is formed in the sock.
SockFix Grout Mixing Instructions
Each 20kg bag requires 5.5 litres of clean cold water
- Place 4.5 litres of clean cold water into a clean mixing container. While mixing, slowly add approximately ¾ of a bag of Helifix SockFix Grout
- Continue mixing until all the above grout has been mixed
- Add a further 1 litre of clean cold water (to make up the required 5.5 litres in total)
- Add the remaining grout while continuing to mix
- Continue to mix for a minimum of 5 minutes ensuring all the dry grout from the side of the container is removed and mixed
- Leave to stand for 4 minutes
- Pour into pressure pot through sieve
- If possible, continue to agitate grout in pressure pot in-between installations
|Materials: Grade 304 (1.4301) austenitic stainless steel threaded bar, heavy duty mesh fabric sleeve
|Bar Diameters: 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm
|Standard lengths: Up to 3m. Couplers used to form longer lengths
|End cap choices: Pointed as standard (effective guide and ideal for loose materials) or Flat Washer (maximises anchor bond length)