Using a combination of slim, stainless steel ties, fixings and reinforcements, the Helibeam System is able to sympathetically overcome most commonly occurring structural faults in masonry arch bridges.
The Helibeam System successfully solves the problems of:
• Movement in the spandrel wall
• Separation of brick arch rings
• Cracking in the arch barrel
• Delaminated masonry
• Cracked piers, wing walls and abutments
• Cracked and unstable parapet walls
• Spalled brickwork
• Loose or cracked coping stones
The stabilisation and installation techniques employed minimise the disruption to road and rail services and avoid the need for expensive re-building by combining with and conserving the existing fabric.